The Southern University Alumni Federation – Dallas Chapter will award Helen and Matthew Welsh Upperclassmen Scholarships for the 2019 – 2020 academic school year. The scholarships are available to students from the Dallas Metroplex who will have completed the required hours to be classified as a Sophomore, Junior or Senior by the Fall 2019 semester at Southern University (Baton Rouge campus).
- Submit a current college transcript with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a professor, adviser or employer.
- Submit a 300-words or less typewritten, double-spaced essay on the topic:
- How is Southern University assisting you in the development of your future career plans?
- This scholarship award requires the completion of two consecutive semesters in duration, excluding the Summer session.
- The student must submit an official transcript to the SUAF-Dallas Chapter, Student Relations Committee at the beginning of each semester in order to receive the scholarship funds.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain a 3.0 GPA during the scholarship duration in order to retain the scholarship funds for each semester.
- If any of these conditions listed above are not fulfilled, the scholarship will be revoked.
- If the scholarship recipient is expelled from the university, the scholarship will be withdrawn until further review.
The scholarship required information and application must be mailed to the address listed below. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Student Relations Chair, Tremea Price at firstname.lastname@example.org. We wish you the best as you pursue your college degree.